Sometime back some people had called me & they wanted to see Magic & Mia. They said they are breeders of Caravan hounds from Mangalore & they were travelling around Maharashtra & looking for (the so-called) pedigree Caravan Hounds etc, etc. I told them ok & as soon as they entered the house they popped out their cameras & Ipads & start clicking snaps of Magic & Mia. They had no basic decency in asking: can we take snaps & they did not even exchange a word of greetings to us. Mia told them off in her own ways, Magic was quiet & was watching them, suddenly one guy sits down & tries to “stack” Magic in an extremely rude manner, by pulling up his collar etc & others start clicking…. Magic was pissed off & walked off into another room. How i had wished he would do one of his “on the face” growl & scare the shit of them, however Magic is too dignified a soul !!
When Magic came into our lives, we had discussed about “dog training & dog trainers” with Deba. He was very clear when he said Guys, no trainer worth his name understands Caravan hounds, just give him all your love, that forms 80% of the training & the rest of the 20% is the word NO & the different tones that one uses it…. like no, NO & NO. So, all of us remained illiterate in all this dog training lingo (read; stacking). We just talk to Magic & Mia the same way we talk to any other human beings & when we hear people use the word Stack, we used get a bit confused….
In different Caravan Hound social media sites we see snaps of the collar pulled up by the leash, the tail is between the legs etc. In my eyes it looks quite artificial. I guess people who are obsessed with dog shows are the ones obsessed with stacking. On the other hand people do consider us “off our heads” because we do not take Magic & Mia to dog shows, why are you not showing your dogs ? My partner put the nail in the coffin by asking ‘does everyone who have ‘smart looking’ children force their children into some fashion pageants for the sake of it ‘?
End of the matter.
On the other hand every other day is a ‘dog show’ for us, because when we walk with Magic & Mia people stop by & ask us……Wow, What breed ? Some of them do spend time chatting with us, also with Magic & Mia. The surprise on the people’s faces when we say these dogs are called Karvani in Marathi & they are native breeds is to be seen to believed.
I actually hate clicking snaps of Magic & Mia with collars & leashes etc, forget stacking, unless if they assume that position on their own
peace & love